Does Venmo Charge a Fee? Yes, Venmo does. However, it doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. Moreover, Venmo doesn’t charge you any money for opening an account with the app. It only charges you when you make a transaction.
So, how much are Venmo fees? It’s time to learn all about it.
Does Venmo Charge a Fee? Let’s Learn About It
Some essential Venmo fees you must know about:
- Credit card transaction’s 3% whenever you send money.
- If you cash or deposit the checks, you must pay 1% to 5% of the transaction or a minimum of $5 to get immediate access.
- You must pay 1.9% of the transaction amount for goods and services. Moreover, Venmo will also charge you 10 cents for the same.
- 75% or 25 cents to $25 for an instant bank account or debit card transfer
- Venmo will charge you at least 49 cents or 1.8% on purchasing or selling cryptocurrencies.
If you want to send money to others, Venmo will charge you 3% of the transaction if you’re using your bank credit card. However, the company wouldn’t charge you any money if you’re using a Venmo balance or debit card.
Here are the fees for depositing money from the government and non-governmental checks:
- 1% fee and a minimum of $5 fee for depositing a payroll and governmental check
- 5% or a minimum of $5 fee for depositing a non-payroll and governmental check
- If you have a business or charity profile on Venmo, you’ll be charged a fee of 1.9% and 10 cents if the transaction is identified for goods or services.
Venmo will charge you 1.75% of the total fee if you transfer your money to someone using Instant Transfer Withdraw option. However, depending on the amount, it can be from 25 cents to $25.
Payment For Cryptocurrencies
Here’re the charges for buying and selling cryptocurrencies on Venmo:
- 49 cents for purchases and sales from $1 to $4.99
- 99 cents for purchases and sales from $5 to $24.99
- $1.99 for purchases and sales from $25 to $74.44
- $2.49 for purchases and sales from $75 to $200
- 8% fee for purchases and sales from $200.1 to $1,000
- 5% fee for purchases and sales above $1000
Can I avoid Venmo Fees?
You can avoid Venmo fees by paying with your Venmo balance or through the bank account linked to the account. So, it isn’t difficult to avoid Venmo fees; you just have to know about it. That’s it!
Is Venmo Cheaper Than PayPal?
Venmo and PayPal are two of the most famous money transaction platforms. Moreover, both charge you nearly 3% for payments on credit cards and no fees for wallet and linked bank account payments.
In Which Countries Are Venmos Available?
Venmo is exclusively available in the United States of America. So, unless you’re physically available in the USA, you cannot use Venmo to make any payments. Therefore, if you’re outside the USA territories, you can’t use Venmo.
Does Venmo Charge a Fee | The Conclusion
So, returning to the biggest question, Does Venmo charge a fee?
It’s very easy to avoid a Venmo fee. However, one must know how to receive Venmo payments without getting charged. Therefore, no one could deduct your money if you made payments only from your Venmo wallet and linked account. Best of Luck!
Read More:- how to unfreeze Venmo account