Millions of people use Venmo to perform transactions with family and friends. However, sometimes, they get an email notifying them about transaction failure. When your transaction from a bank account has failed, your Venmo account gets temporarily frozen. This situation continues till the funds are paid back. Undoubtedly, it can be a frustrating and even scary scenario as your money is involved. It’s exactly here that knowing how to unfreeze Venmo account can prove useful.
You can unfreeze the account by promptly paying the due amount with a debit card. In this article, we will cover the causes of your account freezing and the process of unfreezing it.
Why Is My Venmo Account Frozen?
Some probable reasons for a frozen Venmo account include the following:
- Payment or transaction failures because you have either exceeded the permitted number of ACH transfers in your account or have insufficient funds.
- You have made multiple transaction attempts, and none of them have been successful.
- Venmo has detected a user agreement violation.
- You are using the account to do illegal things.
How to Unfreeze Venmo Account?
The speediest way to unfreeze your Venmo account is by using your bank debit card. Use it to return back the amount you owe. All these ways are explained below.
1. Pay funds and unfreeze your Venmo account.
You can unfreeze your account easily by heading to the page on Venmo’s website where you can add funds to your account. Use these instructions to transfer the amount to your account and unfreeze it.
- On your computer, navigate to this web page: venmo.com/addfunds.
- Login to your Venmo account.
- A popup window will show up.
- Choose the bank from which you wish to transfer the funds.
POINT TO NOTE: Your bank account must be verified with Venmo.
- Type in the amount to add. This should be equal to what you owe.
- When the money gets transferred to Venmo, you can use your account.
- It will take two to three days for Venmo to perform the unfreezing of your account.
2. Unfreeze your Venmo account by adding funds via the app
The process explained above was for those using Venmo in the browser. Most people have the Venmo app. So, here’s how to unfreeze Venmo account by depositing funds via the app.
- Access the Venmo app on your Android or iPhone.
- Now sign into your account. This includes the password and email ID.
- After that, touch your profile icon. The icon is in the shape of a hamburger.
- A menu will open. Here, find the ‘Manage balance’ option. It will be besides your Venmo balance.
- Tap this option.
- Now from the pop-up menu, select ‘Add money.’
- After that, touch ‘0.’ You will see it on the new screen.
- Now input the amount you wish to deposit to your Venmo account.
- Input an amount bigger or equal to your debt.
- After that, touch ‘Next.’
- Select the debit card/bank to fund your transfer.
- Now, tap the ‘Add money’ button. It is present on the screen’s lower portion.
- This will pay off your debt and your Venmo account will unfreeze.
POINT TO NOTE – If you’ve used your debit card, Venmo will immediately deposit funds to your account. However, if you make the payment through your bank account, you need to wait for three to five days for the transfer to take place.
3. Unfreeze a Venmo account by connecting with the support staff
If you’ve tried the measures above but still find your Venmo account locked, contact the support team. The support team has professionals who will find out the root cause of your frozen account. They will then inform you about the steps to take. Follow these points to contact the support team of the Venmo app.
- Launch Venmo on your device and log into your account.
- Now, launch the menu. Hit the hamburger icon. It is at the top-left.
- Find the ‘Get Help’ option and tap it.
- In the subsequent screen, choose ‘Contact us.’
- You will see three options for contacting Venmo’s support team.
- These options include email, chat, and call.
- Submit your request to unfreeze your account by choosing any one of the option.
POINT TO NOTE: If you want to call Venmo support, dial 855-812-4430 to talk to a representative. You can call between 10 AM and 6 PM.
- You can complete their online contact form by providing your contact data like name, email address, and contact number.
- Hit ‘Submit’ once you are done with filling out the necessary information.
- Be patient for a few days or weeks as Venmo will take this much time to connect back to you.
Prevent Your Venmo Account from Freezing
You can ensure that Veno does not freeze your account by following these tips:
- Never let your account get depleted of funds.
- Do not share your Venmo account details with any other person. This breaches the Venmo user agreement.
- Always sign in through personal devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I receive money in my frozen Venmo account?
You cannot get any cash on a frozen Venmo account. Until you unfreeze the account by either adding money or contacting Venmo support, there isn’t any way to perform transactions.
Why has my Venmo account been temporarily frozen?
Venmo freezes an account if it detects an activity against its user agreement or credit card policies. In this case, you will receive an alert in the form of an email regarding the account’s frozen status. Venmo does this to provide great security to its users.
How can I withdraw money from my frozen account?
You cannot withdraw money or conduct transactions if your account is frozen. Abide by the guidelines above to unfreeze your account. Once the account unfreezes, you can withdraw money.
It can feel annoying to find out that your Venmo account has been frozen and you cannot perform any transactions. But now you fully know how to unfreeze Venmo account. It is a straightforward process. If your attempts don’t work, contact Venmo support.